MANASSEH AZURE AWUNI’S POLL: Mahama wins with 58%, Akufo-Addo 42%

manasseh azure poll

December 7, 2018, was exactly two years since Ghanaians went to the poll to elect a president. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) beat incumbent President John Dramani Mahama of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) to win the 2016 election.

Nana Akufo-Addo got 5,716,026 votes to beat incumbent President John Mahama who had 4,713, 277 .

According to the statistics of the Electoral Commission, Nana Akufo-Addo recorded 53.85% of the total votes cast as against 44.4% by President Mahama.

Two years on, I decided to find out from my Facebook followers what they made of Akufo-Addo’s presidency and how they would have voted if elections had been held on December 7, 2018.

First, I asked if President Akufo-Addo’s performance had met the expectation of my Facebook followers. Over 2,900 people voted. Out of this, 53% of the them said the president’s performance had met their expectation. The remaining 47% said the President had not met their expectations.

manasseh azure polls
Poll on Whether President Akufo-Addo had met voters’ expectations

I also asked whether they would vote if elections were held on December 7, 2018. In this poll, 2,500 people participated. Of this, 77% of those who participated said they would vote. The rest, 23%, said they would not vote.

manasseh azure awuni polls
Here, 23% indicated they would not vote

Finally, I asked if elections were held between the two main contenders in the 2016 elections, who they would vote for. This had the highest number of people participating. More than 13,600 people voted. Here, 58% said they would vote for President Mahama while 42% indicated they would vote for Akufo-Addo.

manasseh polls
Of the 13,600 participants, 58% said they would vote for Former President Mahama

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here